Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dive

Alisonchino.com


Pinterest.com
Ssalamu Lekum(hello Moroccan Arabic style), just sitting on my yacht writing this latest post overlooking the Mediterranean Sea... in my dreams.  Seriously I would give anything to be sitting off some gorgeous coast starring into water so blue it reminds me of ink, ahhh.  But alas I have no yacht, not even a toy boat nor have I seen any large body of water remotely in any shade or tint of blue in months.  The closest I'll be getting  to Monaco or blue at this rate is Monaco Blue one of colors of the year.

I'mbusyprocrastinating.com
Is it possible to be excited about a color?  Because I am close to jumping out of my skin I'm so excited, I've loved this shade of blues since I was a wee little thing.  What I absolutely love is that blue is a very relaxing and cool color, and this shade of blue is in the darker spectrum also representing knowledge, power and integrity.  When wearing this color do it with freedom don't over-think things and just dive in and go with the flow.  Usually I'm always saying how to incorporate colors in small doses through accessories or embellishments but not this time, this time I say dive right in.  Remember to wear the blue on your clothes but skip matching the accessories to the clothes it's just becomes tacky.  Rather chunky accessories play very well with this color surprisingly especially those that are clear.  Layer on different pieces from beaded to pearls one over the other, this color would be a perfect stepping stone into breaking out that new jewelry you might be skeptical about or saving for a very special occasion.  A surprise twist is adding a touch of red either with one necklace, bangle, or ring on your finger... always keep them guessing.  Specifically I speak on my taste when I say pull the hair back, expose your shoulders and pop on some hoop earrings.  Why not add some healthy drama to your look?
Amritasingh.com

Looking through my closet I have a lot more Monaco Blue than I thought, let me count the ways: a boxy blazer with matching knee length, pleated and baggy shorts, and most recently have two throw pillows sitting pretty on my bed.  Did I mention I was excited about this color?  Anyways I promise to post pictures of me incorporating this into my closet.  I've found that blue looks really great with my skin tone and the dark blue compliments me.  Not only on darker skin but also compliments pale skin.

Shoerazzi.com
Pick up a maxi dress or bohemian skirt, maybe even a pair of bold shorts and when in doubt match it with a white tank top.  This is a relaxing color so let yourself relax knowing you look amazing and just let your steps become lighter.  To me this is a very fearless color when I wear it and I notice my back gets a little straighter and my walk a little stronger whenever I wear this shade.  My dream would be to have an ankle length t-shirt dress that fits me perfectly.  Pair that with a pair of black wedges and I could just see myself taking on the world.  My dream Monaco Blue shoe?  Blue suede pumps.

This color works so well on it's own it doesn't need a loud buddy to make it look good because it is a very independent color.  Just putting on a t-shirt in this color with white shorts will pull out a high fashion vibe when matched with a cute pair of flats.

With all that said and done, lla yemsek 'la khir which means good night in Moroccan Arabic.



No comments:

Post a Comment