Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Think Like a Man

Recently I've been learning a lot about comparisons, how we're responsible for the gifts we're given and what we do with them.  Good message, but when it comes to fashion I've taken a stance to compare my style and lifestyle to that of a man's.  Men are cool, they never seem to care about anything and for some reason it works.  I wake up and it may take three tries to look "effortless" but I see my brother finishes in ten seconds and still looks dapper.  I can't help but feel like there's a lesson to be learned from the opposite sex; yeah I know.

ffffound.com
Every season there is a new trend for a women to wear, new hairstyles to try, and stilettos to strut in.  While we're busy driving ourselves crazy keeping up, guys are still strutting in their suits, jeans and Oxfords.  What am I doing wrong?

I'll tell you, men walk with confidence and assurance because they know what they have on is working for them in fact they don't just walk, they stride.  One of the most important rules of fashion is to keep it simple, keep it clean, and make sure it fits.  Men have adopted this style while women keep struggling while making things complicated and have to be constantly reminded, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we the more evolved species?
28.media.tumblr.com
squidoo.com
Eddie Redmayne (above) shows un-complication with a kickback style.

This summer I vow to think like a man: keep things uncomplicated and clean.  I vow to have more fun with my clothes or rather have more fun in my clothes and stop worrying about messing it up.  I vow to chill, perhaps I would get ready faster if I didn't feel the need to secretly be the best dressed in every room (you know you do it).  Men have a style they stick to allowing themselves to walk, I mean stride, with confidence because they know they look good.  Fun fact: Mark Twain had fourteen pairs of the same white suit because he knew it worked for him.
fanpop.com


Guys allow themselves to be playful in their clothes, they get dressed ready to take on the day even if it lasts till the next day, they're ready.  I get dressed to last the next couple hours which means if it lasts longer I get cramped toes and a tummy to match, basically if my day outlasts my outfit I'm ready to blow!  I admire the way a man walks in a suit, they way he strides in jeans and kicks-back in loafers while never sacrificing himself.


I personally know the three guys up at on the sides and yes they really do have as much fun as it looks.  When it comes time for them to work they pull it together and keep a piece of themselves.  While on the left Patrick opts for a very casual look for his day to day it fits his personality and you can't help but love him and laugh with him.  On the right in the back Ben keeps it casual and clean a very laid back person, one of the most approachable people as you can probably tell.  And in the front of him is Rudy, his expression, stand and style says it all.  Clearly he runs things and we're all privileged to know him, but in all reality his personality is as polished and clean like his style.  Rudy and his crew are some of the funniest people I know, he actually has a pair of green cord slacks that match his personality.  I vow to take getting ready more like those guys

Now I know that comparing myself to other women is wrong but comparing myself to guys is winning.  Finally a male thought a understand.  But when all is said and done, thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment