Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hooped

Oh how I love long locks cascading past your shoulders and swishing to the side as you laugh.  Just being able to run my fingers from the roots to the tips.  Sike!  Nope I am blessed with an afro, short, sassy and believe me, when I walk in all eyes are on me.  

Themoviezones.com
With all those faces looking my way it is detrimental to understand just how to add drama to the hair.  Earrings are a must and the go to pair for me are the hoops, and as Nelly Furtado says "the bigger the better."  One of the best ways to add drama to a look is to go with hoop earrings and since my hair is very short one of the key pieces in my jewelry collection are my hoop earrings.  Some days are simple studs but some days call for something dramatic.
Stylebistro.com

Let me break it down for you when it comes to hoops, even though I'm rambling about how great they look with my short hair they work well for long or short.  They are an equal opportunity piece of jewelry but they have their own rules.  

#1: Hoops love being shown off therefore sweep the hair up and away from your shoulders.  Everytime I wear hoops I often refer to the picture of Hilary Duff on the right because she is the perfect example of what I'm talking about.  Hair up in a funky style with some dramatic hoops is sure to draw the right attention your way.  Maybe not red carpet attention but at least you look like you deserve red-carpet attention.

#2: If you want people to know your name either tell them or wear a name tag it doesn't have to be in the middle of your hoops.  No one has ever made that look cool and I highly doubt that it will ever be cool. 

#3: Go for the gold, a classic piece will always be a gold pair of hoops.  Just keep a simple medium sized pair for whenever you're running behind and you still want to look cool.  Everytime my ride threatens to leave I throw a gold pair of hoops in my purse to put on later.  Here comes my swan song: look at a thrift store first, often I've found new pairs for nothing simply because someone didn't like them.  If anything learn a great way to desensitize jewelry if germs are the problem.

Maxandchloe.com
#4: Drama doesn't just belong on the stage there is space on your ears.  So may talented designers in the world have done us all a favor and designed really cool pieces.  Don't we owe it to them to at least get a few pairs?  Figure out the style you want to on a daily basis and work around that.  My type are the ones on the left, I find that having something simple and sleek draws the most attention.  The hoops are gold with a cool texture and a turquoise stone at the middle and they are just screaming my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment