Thursday, June 20, 2013

Flipped

Ever been to a locker room or a nasty hotel and you knew you were not going to have any personal contact with anything?  How do you shower or walk across the floor?  That's right wear your flip flops on the nasty floor but only on the nasty floor, when it comes time to hit the town leave them at home and slip on something cute.

Cafepress.com
Elfsacks.com
Those cute little flip flops you bought and wore to the beach let me tell you a little secret about them, they suck!  Over 18,000 bacteria live on just one pair, if I'm correct it should be approximately 18,100 germs just ready to enter into any cuts or scrapes... ewwww.  I will confess I wore flip flops often when I needed a break from my heels but lately I only wear them around the home and now that I've found out about all those germs looking to destroy my life, the flops will remain firmly planted at home.

Pinterest.com
If I can't wear flip flops what can I wear?  Lets start with sandals, they've staged a huge comeback in the past four years and for the most part it's been pretty interesting.  Not all sandals are winners and not all sandals are meant to be worn on a day to day basis so be careful when spending your money.

Do not be a plain Jane when getting sandals really take the time to pick a cute pair.  Why would you ever allow yourself to be plain just to be comfortable, if you want to spend your money make sure the loss is worth it.  For starters I recommend trolling around the local thrift stores first, some people do give away brand new shoes for reasons I don't know or really care about.  If a shoe is perfectly fine but needs a good polish it won't hurt to polish it and save money, I speak from experience.  Make sure to keep your sandals clean on a regular basis, this is your item and your responsibility to make sure your things are kept top notch and respectable.  Remember one of the first things people notice is your shoes so leave a long and fabulous impression.
People.com

Sandals can only go so many days without being worn down so remember to have another back up plan in your arsenal.  Flats are a tall girls best friend and a short girls frenemy.  But I will always be loyal to flats simply because they go with absolutely everything that I ever want to wear.  From running around campus to girls night, or dinner meeting with a future employer they always have my back.  Don't be lame and get a boring pair of flats pick up a cute color like the powder blue pair in the photo above.  There is nothing wrong with the classic black but if I had the money I would honestly pick up a color I don't see everyday just to keep things interesting.

Duchess Katherine, I must say I am a big fan of her wardrobe especially before she became the duchess.  Something I absolutely love is the pair of wedges she's normally seen in.  They seem to go with everything in her closet so seamlessly and they look comfortable.  I absolutely love when fancy items take me everywhere and watching people's expressions because they think I'm over doing it.  If they only knew just how easy it is to look cool without having to wince every time you walk.  My favorite is paring it with a grey cigarette pant with sleek grey tank top and a navy blazer with gold buttons.  One day I'll have my dream closet but I'm getting there.


Bloomingdales.com
 Sneakers come in so many different forms and a lot of those forms are ghastly.  The Tory Burch sneakers on the left are a great example of the kind of sneakers to gravitate towards because they give a sense of polish and at the same time seem relaxed.  I am always a big fan of blue jeans and a white tee, but with shoes in that style I really like to pair it up with black straight leg jeans and loose white t-shirt.  Sneakers are great for stomping around town or just heading out to the movies, a fashionable pair pulls a casual look into a posh look.  I'm the kind of person who freaks out over airport attire because I like to be prepared for anything from having to run around to an unseasonably cold plane.  Having a cool pair of sneakers gives the illusion that I'm not secretly freaking out.

Let me know how you shop for shoes or a great day to day look that's easy to pull together.

No comments:

Post a Comment