Friday, June 28, 2013

Fashion Hero

When it comes to fashion are you a follower or do you make the path worth following?  Following a trend can be interesting having to piece together different trends to create a signature look while making the path is almost like an adrenaline rush because you never know what the reaction will be.  Whenever I get dressed I like to try something new, something will turn have to turn someone's head so fast they get whiplash.  

The trick is to keep your idyll chatter to the lips of the fashionably ignorant and choosing the opinions that matter most.  But even with all that it takes a lot of courage just to be able to turn the door knob without scurrying off to change let alone walk out the door with your head held high.  Even with all that I summon the power of my fashion superhero Fran Fine a.k.a. the best nanny ever!


Collegefashion.net
I can only imagine the confidence it takes for this woman to wear whatever it is she feels suits her.  From the furry jacket to the kooky patterned suits, my favorite is the one with a brick pattern to it.  Really her style emulated her personality: odd, jaw-dropping, slightly nauseating, but in the just makes you laugh cause you can't help but love it.  

Blogue.us
Some people may not understand this but in the time of the show airing her skirts where too short.  Granted today girls just love showing off their bits and pieces but in that time she was really sexual and made a lot of innuendos that while we may not bat our eye lashes at it, back then it wasn't really tossed around much.

Confession: there are times when I have something that is so out there I refuse to wear something because of public opinion.  Gasp!  I know, I know, but then I channel in my inner Fran Fine and walk with a little bit more swing in my hips.  I will say she has inspired a few pieces in my closet such as, a jacket with blue chalk writing all over it, a plaid Jacket and a few funky dresses and a huge love of pantyhose.

What can we learn from Fran?  Crazy works, sometimes.  Not all her outfits are winners but you have to admit she had a way of staying true to herself no matter what the circumstance.  Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to keep a couple leopard pieces in the closet, a little skirt and perhaps a nice scarf?  Most of the time if I don't know how to wear a new daring piece all I have to think is WWFD?  Frannie would wear it with a big smile and sashay her hips around town.

Now who could forget this face?

Pinterest.com


No comments:

Post a Comment