Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm With the Band

Throwback: that was right before my high school prom and my favorite part about my outfit was my headband.  I was very nervous to wear it because it is a statement piece and can draw the wrong attention but it ended up making my outfit and I received a lot of compliments.  Perhaps it was because my prom happened right after the royal wedding and everyone was obsessed with statement hats and my headband was a suburban statement.


Ulta.com    
I am a big advocate for headbands especially on days when my hair decides it doesn't care about my reputation, my headband's got my back or rather my head.  I love headbands so much I once splurged over $40 bucks on hair bands, clips and pins!  The headband on the right is only $4.00 at Ulta, when I worked at Ulta I helped a girl pick out that exact one for her prom.  Bet she turned a few heads as well.  For a great and more affordable store I highly recommend Ulta, when I would walk by the hair accessories rack it took a lot to not spend my entire paycheck.

Weddingsillustrated.net

I love seeing so many girls take risks using headbands, headpieces, scarves and pins.  One thing I would advise against is getting something too big that it sticks out against the outfit you're wearing.  Remember to compliment your look not make people scratch their heads wondering what happened.  Starting with the everyday look of jeans and a basic tee, a statement piece can still work with a pulled back hairstyle.  You can still keep the look casual but appear romantic with just a stunning touch.

Based on your personality it can be a fun home project for you alone or with few friends to spend time on.  Adding some chunky crystals and beads to a headband makes the look interesting and completely unique to you.

Avoid the flower halo trend the best that you can, it's too big and only really works well during music festivals.  While some flower halos are cute (the tiny side halos), I understand the want for the look.  For me it reminds me of the wedding wreaths in pictures I would see as a little girl but now I don't want to wait for a special occasion to put on a cute headpiece.
Yesstyle.com
Add a piece just for fun, just add a simple touch like the one on the left.  Instead of the messy look opt for a more sleek look with your hair just brushed straight back.  No matter how you look heading out for whatever event it looks cute and simple which adds a certain allure to a woman.

So many styles, feel free to let me know you're headband experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment