Sunday, April 6, 2014

Monday

Brace yourselves:
If we're being honest the hardest part of Monday's is choosing my outfit for the day.  Besides the fact that I wasn't nearly as productive as I thought I would be all weekend meaning roll-over tasks Yea!  The way I see it everyone is half awake so they only half notice your outfit.  This is the day to try out a completely fussless look.

Step one: pick a basic, and another, and one cute little piece.  People may be half asleep but the other half is wide awake.  Those two halves equals a whole list of people who will remember your fashion disaster. Never mistake casual Monday for casual Friday, Monday's set the tone for the rest of the week. 
I'm throwing it back to a look I've sported about a year ago.  Basic tank top, basic shorts with a plaid blazer and white Moccasins.  Basics all around until you put them together and sprinkle my personality makes for magic. 

If this is too dressed for your taste substitute the shorts for a great pair of jeans.  Leave the holes for a Saturday.  Add a fitted, basic t-shirt under a navy cardigan, throw on some flats and charge that Monday head on. 
Cold weather friends opt for a cape as that can become a whole outfit all on its own.

fabulousmag.co.uk
Honestly keep the look light by forgoing statement pieces and chunky jewelry.  The half asleep part of the body won't care and full awake part of the body won't care.  Hoops and a simple necklace work for me.  Perhaps a stud and one strand of beads work for you?  I love scarves, I will find a reason to wear one whenever so it only makes sense for me to wrap my hair in one.  Fedora's are played out today so I'll recommend a chic little beret if you have one.  If the hair is not up for a Monday a little beret is a cute little surprise, or a beret is just cute.

Finish with some comfy foot wear.  Flat's all the way!  Depending on whether or not you got that pedicure closed or open toed shoes is your best option.


Let me know your go-to Monday style and I'll be back tomorrow with Coachella inspired looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment