Monday, April 7, 2014

'Chella

Since I have a pulse I am well aware that Coachella is right around the corner.  Because I'm oblivious to the music festival scene I thought it was last week, yikes!  As I am a Coachella never-been I've done my research on what all the cool kids do and wear to said festival.  To be completely honest it strikes me as a very dirty, hot, and grimy weekend event.  It's cool with friends but it's not a real priority for me to spend so much money to experience that.  Maybe I'm wrong, tell me in the comments.

Alas, if I were to go what exactly would I wear and why?  Let make a checklist shall we:
1. The desert is HOT!
2. Some people may not think about this but if there was a sudden mob attack I need to run!
3. How do I hold all my necessities?
4. Can I multi-function (bathroom?) (Are there bathrooms?)
5. I do not want to dress like just another music festival cliche
WhoWhatWear.com

Channel minimalist style icons such as my personal favorite Kate Bosworth.  KB is no stranger to the music scene and she has such a signature style that you'll know her when you see her.  She is not just another fringe crop-top in the crowd.
kaboodle.com

Shorts and a tank? Steer clear of ratty tatty holed up rags because it's so cliche and lame.  Opt more for a cotton tank that allows breeze.  Tack on some glamour by getting an embellished detail or perhaps a tank with a cool mural painted on it.  For crying out loud skip the scalloped lace shorts.  I don't understand the attraction to wearing what essentially looks like an adult lace diaper.
Lockerz.com

Bend it like Bosworth and try out an artistic approach to dresses.  The maxi dress has had it's hoorah so bring the 20's back with a drop waist dress.  Skip the floral mess print and think more like a painter.  It's really easy to add paint splatter to a dress even if it's a really small patterned detail.
WhoWhatWear.com
I get it you like things simple and uncomplicated.  Shirt and a tank it is.  But I disagree with KB on my left.  The boots and shorts is over to me, I never see enough women in sneakers.  It makes perfect sense.


I'll keep posting as I learn more about the mystical land that is Coachella. In the meantime tell me about your Coachella look.

No comments:

Post a Comment