Saturday, April 26, 2014

Crop tops and the modest girl

Fablogie.com
It's no secret to those who know me to understand my style.  Eclectic and timeless, trends are fun but keeping up with them tends to break my bank account.  Honestly, if I were to follow every trend I would look like a disaster (case and point high-low skirts).  Believe it or not you don't have to follow all the trends, for instance I don't follow the crop top top trend.  At least not the same way a lot of fashion columns encourage.

apieceapart.com
As a future fashion designer I really think it's cool
to see a cropped sweater with a pencil skirt, classy and fabulous.  But as a modest girl it doesn't send the message I work really hard to cultivate.  People tend to assume modesty is outdated and boring, I'm not saying buy out Laura Ingalls Express but perhaps lower the hemlines so I can't count the dimples on your butt.  I'm not modest because I'm scared of boys I do it because I would rather have the respect of a man than the drool of a boy.  I'm not modest because I'm ashamed of my body or rather boring.  A. I have a great figure, B. boring?  Don't make me laugh.


I do wear crop tops but I don't show much if any skin at all.  Like most people I choose a full skirt that hits the natural waist with a cropped shirt that has flow rather than a skin tight crop top.  Actually wearing thing at the natural waist elongates the body as well as slimming the figure, it's a win win really.  Allowing the top to graze the edge keeps tones allow for a covered look as well as a nice breeze through out the day.

I suggest a very snug tank under most crop tops, yes I can hear the excused already but hear me out.  I paired my red top with a rose bud patterned tank underneath for a little surprise underneath.  It doesn't have to be a solid color but this is a cool way to play with patterns and color block.


No comments:

Post a Comment