Sunday, February 16, 2014

Natural

It's been a while huh?  Let me tell you, college is serious business and if you value your time and sleep you lose friends.  But waves are natural with life and you can ride the curl or wash-ashore. 

Being in the (metaphorical) curl is one of the most exhilarating and terrifying things that can happen to anyone.  With all this running around playing circus juggler with life and priorities, ironically presenting oneself properly is often laid aside like last nights cardigan.  Keep things simple and cohesive so when you leave in the morning pounding the pavement, acing the day is the only thing on the to-do list.  For an easy put together look
slip on a long pencil skirt that hits the natural waist with a figure hugging blouse on top. 

I know it's cold outside the SoCal bubble but try these alternatives: funky hosiery, posh knee-socks, stiletto boots and knit skirts.  The last post talked about the importance of the pencil skirt and I did promise to post my look.
Well there it is, I loved this look.  Public opinion stated that it was classic and the twisted tank top with the sandals added a Grecian goddess feel.  Perfect for a casual Friday but polished enough that I can go all day from school to work with confidence.  The great thing about this look is that because of the simplicity you choose where to take it.  If you're better with accessories, unlike me, you can stack up the bangles, hoop up the earrings, band up your hair, it's really up to you.  Pump up the heels to meet up with God or keep it closer to earth with flats.
Listal.com

Ankle length adds a certain class but because it hugs at just the right curves I'm still young and approachable.  I really wish more young ladies opted for a classic look instead of flash-in-the-pan tacky trends but it is what it is. 

Style.com
I'm curious to how you would wear an ankle skirt, let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. yes the natural look is so ok
    kisses

    www.thechicmode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, took a peek at your blog and I'm loving your looks. Can't wait to see more!

      Delete