Monday, February 17, 2014

Drag

Monday's are an absolute drag.  Tack on the fact that President's day is observed by all the other schools except yours... yeah.  Getting dressed for a day you're not gung ho about is a challenge and I'll admit that I almost let it get the best of me.  Alas, thank God for the skirt I accidentally turned into a dress.  The billowy effect is perfect for a Monday with plenty of space to move and thanks to the 86 degree weather, it kept me comfortable and not too hot.

I've been dying to wear the scarf since I found it in my mothers trunk a couple weeks ago.  The drama it adds to the look and the beads play into the African Gypsy feel of the look.  Thank God it was slightly windy , you can't plan that, but right before the camera snapped it went away (boo!). Kicked it off with my silver sandals and this took me throughout the day.  Had the weather been colder a jacket over my shoulders would have edged up the look.

For my cold weather friends put a sweater underneath the dress, slide into some boots, wrap a scarf around and finish with a cozy jacket.  Voila!  Instant success.

For those of you into a more sweet and lovely look go for the look my friend has in the bottom photo.  A full skirt, cowboy boots and a denim button up and this girl is ready to tackle nursing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment