Thursday, February 20, 2014

Katrantzou

Ever had a day where you're so excited about your passion but the audience clearly has no interest?  

Vogue.co.uk
Vogue.co.uk
Yep, welcome to my day to day life.  I will say I was the disinterested audience member when it came to fashion last year.  It just seemed as though the same silhouettes and styling techniques were used over and over again in slightly different shades.  Until fashion week this year I was losing interest but I will say when London Fashion Week rolled around the big guns delivered plenty of ammunition.

One of my absolute favorite collections came from Mary Katrantzou.  Oh my goodness jaw on the floor, head spinning, eyes filled with wonder, I'm not even sure if I've come back from this high.  With a medieval feel filled with embroidery, detail and amazing use of material this is definitely a designer on my list to purchase from when I make it to the big time.  To the right is my favorite and below are some more of my best picks.  By pushing herself to think far from what she usually does, no embellishments, brocads, lace, clearly her signature crept back in.  With the uniform theme in mind from such as the butcher aprons and military generals her language is expressed showing symbolism. 

Right as I'm on the edge fashion pulls me back in, thank you Mary Katrantzou for your your brilliant work.
Let me know below, who's work has inspired you lately?  Or who's show did you enjoy the most?
Vogue.co.uk
Vogue.co.uk
Vogue.co.uk
Vogue.co.uk
 

No comments:

Post a Comment